Before updating your theme, it is recommended to make a backup of your website. When you have done that, you have 2 options for updating the theme:
- updating the theme manually
- updating the theme using Envato market plugin
Before starting update procedure please make sure your website meet following requirement:
1 - 128M Memory Limit
2 - Maximum upload size being at least 64MB
3 - Maximum post size being at least 64MB
4 - Minimum 5.6 version for PHP
You can ask your website's host administrator about those requirements.
Step 1 : Downloading the latest version from themeforest
- Log into your Envato Market account.
- Move the mouse over your username at the top of the screen.
- Click ‘Downloads’ from the drop down menu.
- Find related item in your “Downloads” list, click on the Download button, and select “Installable WordPress file ony” from the drop-down menu.
Step 2 : Deleting your current (old version) theme
- login to your WordPress website and go to appearance -> themes
- to deactivate your current theme, you should activate another theme
- when you have deactivated the theme, you can delete it
Step 3 : Install the new version of theme
You can see how you should install the new version in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiMk1rA4MpY
Auto Update using Envato Market plugin
Please watch this video: http://sendvid.com/kiwgy2v0